Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Random Ten: How can a 30-hour work week feel like too much? Edition

And the sad thing is, I love my work.

I seriously need to start posting all the stuff I think about posting. Dang. And get that HUHO post out of draft.

This list is mostly populated by the stuff that played on the radio at the client I was working on today.
  1. Guns 'n Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
  2. Genesis - Tonight
  3. INXS - What You Need
  4. Divinyls - I Touch Myself (in techno!)
  5. Grateful Dead - Truckin'
  6. Human League - Don't You Want Me?
  7. David Bowie and Mick Jagger - Dancing in the Street
  8. Chipmunks - P.S. I Love You (Jon is a sick individual and has been playing Chipmunks Sing the Beatles in the car.)
  9. Some girls at Applebee's - Video Killed the Radio Star (they were singing along with the ipod they were sharing the headphones to - all of a sudden I hear "Oh, oh!" in the middle of lunch.)
  10. Panic at the Disco - I Write Sins Not Allegories .....
At my house, this is called I Write Puns Not Alligators because of a horrible emo-y writer we know. He had a tendency to put together lists of things that were all supposed to be synonymous and, well, weren't. (Example being putting "making out" as a synonym for "going all the way" and [ugh] "proving our love".) He also was a hateful man who hated fun. And despite the awesome name, Panic at the Disco, especially this song, sounds exactly like him.

And I don't like all this responsibility stuff. Working, keeping up with even a weekly post (though I do struggle with the FRT because even when I do listen to music, it tends to be the same things over and over for quite a while, then I scrap the whole list after a few weeks or months and start again, so I have to scrounge for things to put on my list.)

God, loser!

But Loki is chasing a toymouse around like mad, and that's cheering me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment